Keeping Your Garage Door Happy in the Snow
Let's face it, Racine winters can be brutal. Snow, ice, and freezing temperatures can put a strain on even the most sturdy garage door. But fear not, homeowners! With a little knowledge and preparation, you can keep your garage door operating smoothly throughout the season.
- Lubricate: Regular lubrication of hinges, rollers, and tracks is crucial. Use a silicone-based lubricant specifically designed for cold weather.
- Seal the Weather: Check for cracks or gaps around the door and opener, and seal them with weatherstripping to prevent drafts and moisture build-up.
- Clear the Clutter: Don't store snow shovels, bikes, or other bulky items near the door's tracks or sensors. This can hinder its operation.
- Invest in Insulation: Adding insulation panels to your garage door can significantly improve energy efficiency and keep your garage warmer in the winter.
Common Winter Problems:
- Frozen Sensors: Sensor malfunction due to ice buildup is a common winter issue. Gently warm the sensors with a hair dryer (never use hot water!) and keep them clear of snow and ice.
- Power Outages: Be prepared for unexpected power outages! Have a backup battery system for your garage door opener, just in case.
- Heavy Snow Accumulation: Excessive snow on the roof can put extra weight on the door and strain the opener. Regularly clear snow from the roof and around the door to prevent damage.
Jim's Garage Door Service is Here to Help
If you encounter any winter-related garage door problems, don't hesitate to contact Jim's Garage Door Service! Our experienced technicians are available 24/7 for emergency repairs and can help you winterproof your door for ultimate peace of mind.
By following these simple tips and trusting Jim's Garage Door Service for expertise, you can ensure your garage door thrives through the Racine winter. Stay warm, stay safe, and let Jim's handle the heavy lifting